I hope that you’re enjoying this clean eating series. Today I would like to just give you a list of tips to think about while trying to incorporate clean eating into your life. Think of it as a condensed version of everything we’ve covered.
- Eat 5-6 small meals every day
- Eat every 2-3 hours
- 200-300 calories per meal
- Combine lean protein and complex carbs at every meal
- 5 servings of Fruits and Veggies per day
- Lots of lean proteins (especially plant-based: beans, legumes)
- Whole Grains
- Minimal refined soy and dairy
- Include fats: avocado, evoo, nuts
- Eat foods as close to nature as possible; the fewer ingredients, the better. If you can’t pronounce it, don’t put it in your mouth!
- Drink at least 2 liters, or 8 cups of water each day
- Never miss a meal, especially breakfast
- Carry a cooler loaded with Clean-Eating foods to get through the day
- Prepare your own meals
- Avoid all over-processed, refined foods, especially white flour and sugar
- Avoid saturated and trans fat
- Avoid sugar-loaded colas and juices
- Avoid alcohol-another form of sugar
- Avoid all calorie-dense foods containing no nutritional value
- Avoid refined and artificial sweteners
- Avoid chemically charged foods
- Avoid foods containg preservatives
- Depend on fresh fruits and vegetables for fiber, vitamins, and enzymes
- Stick to proper portion sizes – give up the super sizing
- If you eat out: ask how it’s prepared
This is a pretty extensive list, but I wanted to make sure that you had it all in one place, a place of reference.
Next I’m going to give you some ideas of what to eat and how to get your kids to eat better.