Well, I think my soda addiction is getting worse. Ever since this COVID thing started, I would “get out of the house” by going and getting a soda daily, just because I needed to get out of the house, I didn’t want to feel stuck at home, and because it was one thing I could control and not think about it.
But, now, those sodas are getting out of hand. I’ll get one in the late morning, and when I go pick up my kids from school, I want to get another one.
Oh yay! How wonderful modern convenience is. I can just get in my car and go get whatever I want. ugh!! The fact that it’s right in my neighborhood doesn’t help much either.
So I’m going to put this out into the internet sphere: I’m going to give up soda. Not today! I’m going to have a start date. I need a couple days to brace myself. So, February 1st, my second son’s birthday, I will give it up! Gone, nada, not even a once a week or once a month.
It’s going to be hard, but I know that if I get through a week, I can do it. I’ve got this.
Week 2 Stats
- Starting weight: 181.9 lbs
- Starting Body fat: 40.8% = 74.1 lb
- Starting lean body mass: 107.8 lbs
Last Week’s Stats
- End of Week 2 weight: 179.5 lbs
- End of Week 2 body fat: 41.1% = 73.9 lbs
- End of Week 2 lean body mass: 105.6 lbs
- End of Week 3 weight: 175 lbs (-4.5 lbs)
- End of Week 3 body fat: 41.2% = 72.1 lbs (+0.1% = -1.8 lbs)
- End of Week 3 lean body mass: 102.9 lbs (-2.7 lbs)
(back to the water, I lost 2.2 lbs. That’s part of the LBM I’m thinking, but I’m not sure)
- Total Weight change: -6.9 lbs
- Total Body fat change: +0.4% = -2.0 lbs
- Total lean body mass change: -4.9 lbs
I’m having a hard time with the numbers. I want to just look at the overall weight loss, with I’m like: 7 lbs in 3 weeks is great! But then I look at the LBM, losing 5 lbs in 3 weeks is not so great. Ugh!
I’m going to make sure I track all my food this week and see if I’m hitting my protein. I think that’s my number one reason I’m losing LBM. I need to make sure I’m getting enough.
I feel like I’m doing more than I have been, but still not enough. I got out walking twice and weights once in the last week. I didn’t do any running because on my running days it’s been really cold and windy and since I take my 2 year old in the stroller, I can’t justify taking her out when it’s like that. I guess I need to find a different something on those days when I can’t go out.
Honestly I want to just jump up and down because I’ve been sticking to my meal plan and I’m seeing results. So, the fact that I’m just doing that, is wonderful.
Week 4 goals:
- I will track my food daily and make sure I”m staying in my macros.
- I will remove sodas from my life starting February 1st.
- I will get outside and get my run/walking in daily. I will remove at least 2 lbs of fat.
I’m feeling energized this week and I’m ready to face the next week.